FREE SHIPPING CONTINENTAL U.S.
The FunCub XL RR version comes completely assembled and factory painted with applied decals. Featuring a high-performance, powerful brushless motor, remarkably reliable speed control and Hitec’s renowned HS-225BB servos, this receiver ready model comes out of the box 95% complete, allowing for instantaneous FUNtastic flight!
- Wingspan: 67 in. (1700 mm)
- Length: 47.25 in. (1200 mm)
- Weight 6 lbs. 5 oz. (2850 g)
- Channels: 5-10 required RC Functions: Rudder, Elevator, Ailerons, Flaps, Motor, Optional Tow Hook, Optional Chute, Landing Lights
- Flight Time 8 - 12 min. (6S ~ 3300 mAh Battery
- Full-on Aerobatic Performance
- Low Minimum Airspeed
- Easy Handling
- Two Part Wing for Easy Transport
- Offset Landing Flaps for Steep Descents and Short Takeoffs
- Off-road Performance with Huge, Soft Wheels
- High-strength Fuselage with “M-Frame Technology”
- Strong and Lightweight Carbon Fiber Wing Tubes
- Suitable for Aero towing 2.5M Gliders (i.e. Multiplex Heron size)
- Optional Float Set, Lights and Parachutist
Included with RR (95% Complete):
- ELAPOR® and Wood Airframe
- Brushless Permax BL-O 4235-0480 Motor
- MULTIcont BL-60 ESC Controller
- Propeller 15 x 8
- Six Hitec HS-225BB servos
- Self-adhesive Decals
Required to Complete:
- 5 - 10 Channel Radio Control System
- 6S 3200 mAh LiPO Power Battery
Better than just fun - huge fun ! Large multi-function fun-flyer: the MULTIPLEX FunCub XL www.multiplex-rc.de
MULTIPLEX FunC...Better than just fun - huge fun ! Large multi-function fun-fl...
100% quality nice plane
Posted by Unknown on 28th Jul 2016
Just as sdvertized
Posted by wdd on 10th Jul 2016
Plane arrived well-packaged. The RR build is rather straightforward, just review the pictures and those instructions for the RR version. Excellent review in August 2016 Fly-RC magazine motivated me to buy. I have the regular Fun Cub too and have many flights on it. In the XL build I used a Y-harness for the ailerons and a reversing Y-harness for the flaps. I did not get the LEDs yet nor did I activate the cargo bay doors/servo. I have five (5) flights so far, using two, 3-cell 2200MaH batteries. Flew fine and good duration. On first flight I needed to trim up elevator and left aileron. I like the aluminum landing gear and rubber tires, and the tail wheel is great improvement. I will probably transport to the field with wings on as it is some effort to disconnect wings and wing servo wiring (this is not a show stopper, just personal preference).
Posted by Unknown on 9th Jul 2016
This was a very quick build and I had no problems. Everything fit, everything worked. The instructions were pretty much a waste of time but you don't need them. One anomaly was the tail braces didn't come with the plane. I have carbon fiber rods and was going to add them but Hitec said they really weren't needed. I've flown it and had no issues without them. The plane is incredibly powerful and takes off in a few feet. Just a solid flyer. You will need mixing for flaps and elevator. I think I ended up with around 20%. For probably fifteen landings today, I didn't make one without a bounce of some sort. I'll look for some low bounce tires. The original Fun Cub was the same way for me. It's nice to have a large cub I can carry in the car all put together. It was a very windy day for the maiden but the XL did well. It has enough weight to be stable.
Quality RR Airplane
Posted by Fred on 25th Jun 2016
This is a very high quality foamie ! The best I've seen to date ! The plane flies well and looks great in the air. I did'nt give it 5 stars because its $ 400.00 and for that 400 you still have to buy and solder in the lights. Really ! Also the floats are an extra purchase. This is way to much money for a foamie of this size.
Well thought out
Posted by Unknown on 13th Apr 2016
Great level of completion and good workmanship on the completed sections. Nice level of innovation used on bay doors and wing struts. Installing bay door servo is a challenge for large hands. All in a terrific design with all the bells and whistles!