FREE SHIPPING CONTINENTAL U.S.
For you discerning, adventurous modelers, the FunCub XL Kit version is available to equip and tailor according to your particular preferences. This highly-fabricated airframe kit has all you need to get building your customized favorite flyer!
- Wingspan: 67 in. (1700 mm)
- Length: 47.25 in. (1200 mm)
- Weight 6 lbs. 5 oz. (2850 g)
- Channels: 5-10 required RC Functions: Rudder, Elevator, Ailerons, Flaps, Motor, Optional Tow Hook, Optional Chute, Landing Lights
- Flight Time 8 - 12 min. (6S ~ 3300 mAh Battery
- Full-on Aerobatic Performance
- Low Minimum Airspeed
- Easy Handling
- Two Part Wing for Easy Transport
- Offset Landing Flaps for Steep Descents and Short Takeoffs
- Off-road Performance with Huge, Soft Wheels
- High-strength Fuselage with “M-Frame Technology”
- Strong and Lightweight Carbon Fiber Wing Spars
- Suitable for Aero towing 2.5M Gliders (i.e. Multiplex Heron size)
- Optional Float Set, Lights and Parachutist
The Fun Cub XL Kit include:
- Molded ELAPOR Fuselage, Wings, Tail Plane and Rudder, Cowl, Canopy and Load Bay
- Tubular CFRP Wing Spars
- Pre-built Plywood M-Frame
- Aluminum Undercarriage and Rubber "bush" Tires
- Propeller, Prop Hub and Plastic Spinner
- All Small Plastic Parts and Linkage Components
- Pre Cut Decal Sheet
Estimated Build Time: 4 Hours
Required to Complete
5- 10 Channel Radio Control System (Hitec Flash 7 or comparable)
6 x Mini Servos (Hitec HS-225MG or comparable)
Brushless Power Motor (38-42mm 450-500KV)
Electronic Speed Control (Hitec Energy 60A or Comparable)
11.1V 3S 3200-3700 mAh LiPo Battery
2 x 600mm Servo Extensions
4 x 300mm Servo Extensions
2 x 150mm Servo Extensions
More than fun
Posted by samcolt on 7th Oct 2016
If you like the fun cub you'll love the xl. Its a great flyer and has many added features. Easy to build.
Posted by Unknown on 3rd Aug 2016
OUTSTANDING! Great parts fit,landing gear,, quick strut release solid strong airframe, I installed a 46/55 size 460kv motor ,80 Amp ESC,
and fly on a 3300 6s,and added the working cargo doors. I am even more impressed with the
excellent flight performance. Best CUB ,I've ever owned and flew.
Posted by CRAIG on 26th Jul 2016
There are a million pieces to this kit, quite complicated build. Would get receiver ready next time but it flies great.
Posted by Bob M on 23rd Jun 2016
First impressions as just received kit this week...have built several MPX Elapor kits and the XL is similar, but bigger and more complex. Wish MPX would organize small parts (e.g., hardware) better and/or provide clearer pictures as identification is a real challenge. Should be able to sort everything out, but very time consuming. Spend the extra $$$ and get the RR version unless you're a hard core kit builder and VERY organized. Will post further thoughts as I get farther along in the build.
Fun Cubs Great Flyers
Posted by Samuel Wilson on 14th Jun 2016
Well boxed, lots of parts. Well documented manual with a few errors. Good pictures with great detail. Waiting for the light set to complete build.